Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I AM NOT IN SPAIN


This morning I could not log on to my e mail. My friend Shirley who writes cracking YA novels rang me from Masterton to ask if I was in Spain. Hers was the first of several calls. Evidently someone had ji jacked my e mail site and is sending e mails to everyone in my address book telling them I am stranded in Spain and need money.
I AM NOT IN SPAIN
I managed to get on to face book abd tell people there I would be closing my e mail down until I had dealt with the low life who was trying to make money using my name.

Actually they spun quite a tale, maybe they should turn to writing fiction for a more honest living, they could sell it on Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. Or you could create a fiction work about a woman who has her online identity stolen by someone pretending to be her, stuck in Spain.

    I'm not sure there are too many fiction books out there that deal with cybersecurity from the point of view of an older female and you may educate a number of people without them realising it. You could probably even get a grant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Greand daughter, I just want my identity back,
    I like the idea of a novel about cyber crime though/

    ReplyDelete